Friday, November 05, 2010

So excited!

Ok, I am a terrible terrible blogger. I can't believe I have neglected my blog for so long. In my defense, it's been a ridiculously busy year. Among other things, I completed my (first) business degree and a temp job that lasted 4x longer than initially expected. So crafty time fell by the wayside for a while.

I've also postponed updating because I don't have any snazzy pictures of my work to illustrate my post. But I have finally gotten my camera, battery, AND battery charger all together in one place finally so pictures should be forthcoming. Perhaps I'll even enlist the other household member's new DSLR. Why? Because I have FO's, baby!

Finally after ages of rotating a gazillion project and just starting something else rather than finishing anything, I have the finishing bug. This is not a bug I am normally susceptible to and I hope to take advantage of it as much as I can before it passes. In addition to a couple smaller items, I finally finished knitting my Gamecocks sweater! Of course I still have to weave in all those darn ends but we won't think about that just yet.

I also finished the body of another green sweater for my mom. It's the February Lady Sweater in the most fabulous hand-dyed worsted merino from Sundara Yarns. Not cheap and kinda hard to come by but oh so fabulous. Now I need some for myself!!

But what I'm most excited about at the moment is my upcoming project... SPINNING!! I've decided that the time has come and now have a multi-drop spindle kit on the way, as well as a couple books and some other odds 'n ends.

Additionally, my dad happened across a fabulous superbly cared-for vintage 1960's Singer sewing machine for me recently! A little lady who lives down the street loved it for years but finally had to get herself a newer plastic model because she couldn't move the heavy metal beast around anymore. It is classicly gorgeous and just so happens to be the same model as the machine my mom had when I was little... i.e. the only sewing machine I've ever tinkered with before. It's like it was meant to be. Unfortunately my new baby is waiting patiently in storage until I can get the spare room cleared out to set up a workspace.

Sooo... it's finally cooling off a bit which means it's crafty-time again. I just need to get organized because my creativity is a bit cramped right now.

Big fun on the horizon though! And plenty of knitting in the meantime.

No comments: