Monday, November 08, 2010

More spinning

So I got a little more spinning practice in. Did decide to go with the KP Bare Peruvian wool roving. It was going pretty well until I got a little more on the cop, at which point things got a little dicey. A decidedly thick/thin things started happening and the spun yarn on the cop started looking like it was unspinning in places. Not sure what was going on there or why. Maybe I'm winding the wrong way? Not sure. Hopefully if I just Andean ply that batch back on itself, the nice first half will kinda even out the wonky latter half.

I've also come to realize that I'm not good at joining more fiber. Need to look into some techniques for that because mine needs improvement.

Definitely a long way to go before I am able to consistently create attractive and functional yarn but it's a fun process. Well, fun until it starts getting all jacked up. Then, not so much. Lol. But that's ok. Better luck tomorrow. And my first half was pretty darn good. Maybe I just need to unload the cop more frequently until I get better at winding the spun yarn.

No comments: